This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
These Shrimp Tacos with Spicy Coleslaw will be your new go to recipe!
Today I’m sharing what was to be our Father’s Day dinner. As mentioned in this post we were kinda full from our lunch so we passed on dinner and ended up going to our friends for drinks and dessert. Since I had all the ingredients, this was our Monday night dinner. By then we were definitely ready and craving these.
Do you like shrimp or fish tacos? I’m really trying to come up with the best Shrimp Taco recipe and I think this one is pretty close! The kicker is the spicy coleslaw which can be served also as a side dish…. so I’m thinking I may be making this a few more times this summer.
The shrimp is easy to prepare – just sprinkle some chili powder and grill them on a small grate. They will be done in about 5 minutes. Warm up some tortillas, add the slaw, shrimp and we also added some grated monterey jack cheese and a cilantro sour cream sauce.
Do you think you might give it try?? If so, let me know. Also if you have a tried and true recipe, be sure to leave me a link to it. Man can’t live with just one shrimp taco recipe!!
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and cleaned
- 1 teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 to 2 T minced jalapeno
- 3 cups shredded cabbage blend
- 3/4 cup corn (frozen, thawed)
- 2 T minced red onion
- 1/2 cup minced red pepper
- 1 T minced cilantro
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 T cider vinegar
- 1 T sugar
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- (mix and refrigerate 20 minutes):
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2T minced cilantro
- 3 T fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, corn, onion, jalapeno, red pepper and cilantro
- Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, cayenne pepper, cumin, and S&P then pour over mixture and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes
- Heat grill with small grate. Sprinkle shrimp with some chili powder and grill until done.
- To serve, warm tortillas, add cabbage slaw, shrimp and top with sauce and shredded cheese if desired
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 506 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 186mg Sodium: 1042mg Carbohydrates: 43g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 7g Protein: 27g