This easy Rustic Berry Tart is so simple to make and is bursting full of fresh flavor! It makes the perfect dessert any time of the year!
What could be better than a quick dessert that is so delicious and full of fresh berries? Let's make sure you get this on your menu!
I love desserts, I love making desserts but I can't eat all the desserts! So that is where the DIY Guy (aka the Mr.) comes in handy, he can eat all the desserts (and somehow manage to keep thin) and his co-workers love desserts - it's a win-win for us all! I always taste what I make but then happy to pass them on... I will even take requests... so let me know if there is something you would like me to make.
Let's get back to this dessert - I think you will love it! It is so easy and a great way to use seasonal berries. Don't bother making your own crust...keep it simple: a pre-made will do just fine. The berries are tossed in cornstarch and sugar, placed on the crust and then baked for 15 minutes. Viola! Done! Impress your family and friends! Want to make it even more special? Top with some whipped cream. Enjoy!
Get the Recipe
- 1 premade pie crust
- 3 cups assorted berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and/or raspberries)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Follow directions on pie crust box and bring to room temperature (~30 minutes)
- Place crust on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- In a large bowl combine the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons sugar; add berries and gently toss
- Place berries on crust leaving 2" around edges
- Fold dough over berries overlapping as shown in picture
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with additional sugar
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing
- Add whipped cream if desired
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!