Roasted butternut squash with cranberries is the perfect holiday side dish recipe! It is loaded with tangy crannies and sweet squash.
While it seems like we went from Halloween to Christmas at the stores (including songs-ugh), in between, there is the best eating holiday of the year – Thanksgiving! Right? It is actually one of my favorites.
We have our family tried and true recipes, but I’m always on the lookout for some new ones to try! So I think today you are really going to enjoy this post. Not only are you going to have access to 25 delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving table, but each chef is hosting a giveaway on their blog. Trust me when I say, you will love these recipes.
We have you covered for breakfast, appetizers, side dishes, dessert and even a main course turkey recipe. So get ready to browse what you might want on your table!
I’m bringing my easy side dish recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries – it’s sweet, savory and on the lighter side.
Up until a few years ago, I always hosted Thanksgiving dinner. I really never minded making all the dishes since it was just our immediate family. Now our older daughter and her husband have taken over and I have to say, I love just showing up with a couple dishes.
They always put on a great spread and hope they’ll like this new dish I created!
I hope you’ll enjoy the roasted butternut squash with cranberries recipe, too!
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (about 3/4")
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a medium bowl toss together the squash, salt, pepper, brown sugar and maple syrup. Mix well and then pour on a rimmed cookie sheet. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Roast for 25 minutes stirring about every 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile toss the cranberries in 1 tablespoon honey and add to the cookie sheet after the 25 minutes and continue to roast for an additional 10-15 (until berries burst and squash is soft) (stir twice during roasting time)
- Remove from oven and toss with the additional tablespoon honey and the cinnamon.
- Serve right away or at room temperature
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 358mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
As I mentioned, each blogger is hosting a giveaway (each valued around $50). I’m giving away a $50 gift card to Amazon and you can enter below, then be sure to scroll down to see the other delectable Thanksgiving recipes. (CLOSED)