Pumpkin Butter French Toast Muffins are a baked breakfast treat that are easy to make and delicious! You will love these golden and fluffy cups including the caramel butter topping that melds it all together.
Easy breakfast items that are simple to make are a great way to start your day. And what could be better than a warm muffin especially on a cool day. It's a great grab and go breakfast!
- pumpkin butter
- vanilla extract
- pumpkin spice
- challah bread
- brown sugar
Please see recipe card for quantities for these Pumpkin French Toast Muffins.
In a medium mixing bowl combine the milk, white sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon and pumpkin spice.
Once mixture is whisked until smooth, add the cubed challah bread and gently mix so bread does not fall apart.
Hint: Set aside to let the pumpkin-milk mixture soak in the cubes then make the topping.
Use a small food processor to combine the flour, brown sugar, butter and spices. Pulse until combined using short bursts of processor.
Have your oven preheated to 350 and coat a muffin pan with vegetable spray. Divide the cube mixture evenly in each cup (8) and then divide the topping in pieces over each. Bake for about 25 minutes.
Other breads can be used in place of Challah - try cubed croissants, brioche or white bread. Also applesauce could be used in place of the pumpkin butter.
Once the muffins are cool and if you have leftovers, keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2 days. They can be warmed up in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
I have not tried freezing them.
You will get better results if the bread is not super fresh. I like to let the bread get a bit stale by letting the cubes sit out for a couple hours in a bowl if the bread is too soft.
Get the Recipe
- ¼ cup pumpkin butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 3 cups challah bread, cubed 1"
- 2 tablespoons butter (room temp or slightly cool)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- dash cinnamon
- dash pumpkin spice
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350° and coat muffin tin cups with vegetable spray and set aside
- In a large bowl combine the milk, pumpkin butter, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin spice.
- Toss in the bread cubes and gently combine - set aside
- In a small food processor, add sugar, butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and salt. Use short pulses to combine the mixture
- Divide the bread cubes in each muffin tin
- Divide topping over each tin
- Bake for about 25 minutes until golden and puffed
- Let rest in muffin tins for about 5 minutes then remove
- Serve warm with powdered sugar or maple syrup
If desired, top with powdered sugar or serve with maple syrup
SEE RECIPE FOR STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 128mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
I was inspired to make this recipe from Chef Savvy with a few modifications.