These homemade Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts are a delicious breakfast or dessert treat! The flaky crust is stuffed with a creamy pumpkin filling and topped with a maple glaze.
How many of you remember when pop tarts first came out? Without dating myself too much 🙂 I do remember being a kid and begging my mom to buy them! They were definitely considered a treat in our household as I don’t think my mom thought they were appropriate for breakfast.
My favorite variety was strawberry and for the first few years they were available they weren’t frosted. And while pop tarts are meant to be toasted, I loved them straight out of the package.
Let’s fast forward to this year and not only can you still get them but now you can make your own and use about any filling you want. These pumpkin pie pop tarts have a fall spin on them including a maple glaze that makes the perfect frosting.
I’m not sure about you but sometimes I have just a bit of pumpkin puree filling left over from another recipe. The filling in these only take a 1/2 cup so be sure to save any leftover pumpkin you have and give these a try.
Useful tips for making Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts:
- Keep them easy by using pre-made crust you can buy in the refrigerator or frozen section of the grocery store.
- The glazed pop tarts can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- These can be frozen prior to glazing them – just wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in a larger bag.
- Defrost pop tarts by removing from freezer for about 15-20 minutes
- To reheat – bake at 350 in over or toaster oven for about 10 minutes then add glaze
- The pop tarts would also be good with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on glaze before it sets up
If you are looking for other delicious pumpkin recipes, here are a few more to try:
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix
- 1 teaspoon puree maple syrup
- 2 round pie pre-made pie crusts
- 1/2 cup confectionery sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Cut 4 rectangles from each pie crust... you will have extra pie crust from the edges
- Place 4 rectangles on parchment paper
- In a medium bowl combine the puree, brown sugar, vanilla, pumpkin spice, and 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Place about 2 1/2 tablespoons of pumpkin mixture on the rectangles on the cookie sheet - leave about an 1/2" space around.
- Place another rectangle of pie crust on top and crimp with a fork to seal edges
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until edges start to turn brown. Depending on the pie crust you get, this can vary baking time
- In a small bowl combine the confectionery sugar, 2 teaspoons maple syrup and milk
- When the pop tarts are cooled, spoon the glaze over each one
Reynolds Kitchens Parchment Paper (SmartGrid, Non-Stick, 50 Square Foot Roll, 3 Count)
AirBake Natural 2 Pack Cookie Sheet Set, 16 x 14 in
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 499 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 312mg Carbohydrates: 82g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 48g Protein: 4g