This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Mini Banana Split Pastry Desserts have it all – bananas, pineapple, strawberries and chocolate, all topped off with a cherry! An easy dessert, but so pretty, it looks like you have fussed all day!
Sweet time! Your taste buds will thank you after one bite of these Mini Banana Split Pastry Desserts. They have it all – bananas, pineapple, strawberries and chocolate all topped off with a cherry, of course! Have you drooling yet? These are easy to make but look like you have fussed all day! Oh yes, you know you want one……
I’ve been a bit MIA with recipes lately. We’ve been on vacation and then this past weekend, we started helping our daughter and family move into their new house. Busy, but fun times and I’m sure some of you can relate. So I’m glad I was finally able to share this banana split pastry recipe with you!
I made these about a month ago for some friends and they were a big hit. You will also appreciate these are not a “heavy” dessert.
A mini banana split pastry makes a great ending to any dinner! Enjoy!
- One package of puffed pastry sheets (2 sheets)
- 1 egg
- sugar for sprinkling
- 1 small package banana pudding (cooked kind)
- 2 bananas
- Fresh pineapple cut into about 1″ wedges (1/4″ thick)
- Fresh strawberries cut into slices (1/4″ thick)
- Frozen whipped topping thawed
- about 1/4 cup chocolate syrup (not hot fudge)
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 375 and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
- On a lightly floured surface roll each sheet into a 11 x 11 inch square
- Cut (8) 5 ” (approx) circles and place on lined cookie sheets (4 per sheet)
- With a small sharp knife, lightly score about 1/2″ from edge in a circle shape being careful not to cut through pastry
- Brush the 1/2″ edge with the beaten egg and sprinkle with some sugar
- Bake until golden brown (18-20 minutes)
- Remove from oven and using small knife again rescore the edge and push the centers of the pastries down to make a well (be careful to not cut through bottoms of pastry)
- Cool completely
- While pastry is baking, prepare banana pudding as directed and place in refrigerator to cool completely
- To assemble – place about 4-5 banana slices in each pastry well, top with about 3-4 tablespoons of banana pudding, add pineapple and strawberries around edge
- Top with piped whipped topping and drizzle with chocolate sauce
- Top with cherries and serve immediately
- To make ahead and serve later (no later than 4 hours), complete step through whipped topping. Just before serving drizzle with chocolate and top with cherry.
I love making little shaped puffs with the leftover dough… I think they add just a little something to the dessert. You can make stars, hearts or whatever you like!