C is for comfort and what is more comforting than Mega Chocolate Chip Cookies? A nice, warm cookie out of the oven with gooey chocolate oozing out!
Oh, I bet I have you running to your pantry to see if you have all the ingredients to make these very tasty cookies!
These are one of my favorite cookies to make and good thing this recipe makes about 5 dozen because even though you might not want to share, you can and still have enough for yourself!
I loved the way the house smelled and then of course, eating the cookies with a nice big glass of cold milk!
I never tire of chocolate chip cookies and love all recipes that have different variations on this classic.
So remember C is for cookies and comfort! Go whip yourself up a batch!!
Like cookies - Chocolate Chunks are good!
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 11.5 ounce semisweet mega morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans that have been toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Beat he sugars with the butter until creamy then add the eggs and vanilla; beating well
- Lightly spoon the flour in measuring cup and level with knife
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture and stir well then mix in oatmeal
- Gently stir in morsels and pecans
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a small cookie scoop (~ 2 tbls) to place dough onto the paper
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light brown on edges
- Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes then remove on wire rack to finish cooling
- Note: to toast pecans place in a small frying pan and cook over medium heat until light brown or fragrant
Nutrition Information:Yield: 60 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.