Loaded Baked Potato Quiche is easy to make and has great flavor! Enjoy this hearty dish for breakfast, lunch, dinner, holidays or any time. If you are a loaded potato fan, you will definitely want to make this soon.
This quiche is chocked full of bacon, potatoes, and cheese for the ultimate comfort dish that is perfect to serve for any gathering too.
Loaded Baked Potato Quiche
One of my favorite appetizers is potato skins with all the fixings. There is just something about it that makes my taste buds come alive - you can never go wrong with potatoes topped with good stuff!
So, you might ask, why not use these ingredients in a quiche? Well, you definitely can and should.
This easy to make quiche can even be made ahead and reheated the next day"
While you might think quiche is only a breakfast or brunch food, you could definitely serve it any time. We enjoyed this for dinner along with a side salad.
What ingredients are needed
- cheddar cheese
- colby jack cheese
- pie crust
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- red potatoes, diced and cooked
- heavy cream
What steps are needed to make this recipe
In a medium bowl combine the eggs along with the heavy cream and milk and whisk until well combined.
Stir in crumbled bacon, cooked potatoes and mix well
Add in both cheeses along with chives and mix well (reserve about ¼ cup cheese for topping).
Pour mixture into crust that has been partially baked in the oven. Top with salt, pepper and dried thyme along with remainder of cheese. Bake for about 45 minutes until the center is set.
Can quiche be made ahead
Yes, quiche can be made ahead and either refrigerated to serve the next day or even frozen.
Be sure to let the quiche cool to room temperature then if you want to make the next day, place in an airtight container and store in refrigerator. Reheat at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
If you would like to freeze, wrap cooled quiche in plastic wrap then wrap well in foil. To reheat, uncover, place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 25-35 minutes.
Can you substitute other cheeses?
Yes, you can use whatever cheese you like - swiss would be a good choice.
Tips for making this recipe
- Use a pre-made pie crust to keep it simple
- This can also be made in a pie plate if you don't have a quiche pan
- Rosemary could be substituted for the thyme
- Place quiche pan on a cookie sheet when baking in case some filling overflows
Be sure to pin this recipe to make later!!
- 10" prepared pie crust (roll to be about 11")
- 4 ozs. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz. red potatoes, cut into ½" cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons chives, minced
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup colby jack cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Place pie crust in your quiche pan (9 ½") , tuck extra crust down the sides and press along side wall
- Place a piece of parchment paper that covers the crust and place pie weights on top
- Bake for 8 minutes, remove and take off parchment paper and weights.
- Reduce your oven to 350°
- While your crust is baking, add potatoes to a medium saucepan and bring to boil; simmering for about 8-10 minutes until potatoes are soft; drain and set aside
- Also, cook your bacon until crispy then crumble and set aside
- In a medium bowl combine the eggs, milk and cream until mixed well using a whisk
- Add the potatoes and bacon combining well
- Mix in the cheese (keep about ¼ cup out for topping); add in chives
- Pour into quiche pan and smooth out, Sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme leaves and additional cheese
- Bake for about 45 minutes until center is set
- Let cool for about 20 minutes before slicing
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!