Pucker up and enjoy this Lemon Supreme Dessert! This can be made in a springform pan or individual cups. Makes a great dessert for any occasion.
What I really liked is that it always turned out like a charm. The first time I made it, I thought it looked really hard but the steps were easy to do. The hardest part was finding boxed cooked lemon pudding - Target stopped carrying it a few years ago but luckily I can get it in a 'real' grocery store!
The recipe below is how to make it in a 9" springform pan. Keep reading below to see how I did these.
Since we love this lemon supreme dessert, I have found other ways to serve it. This past weekend we went to a Wine Tasting party and I provided these cute individual servings. The glass serving cups are from Crate and Barrel and are 2 " high and about 2 ½" in diameter.
I made the recipe as above but did not cut little lemons to place on the inside of the cup. I only needed 12 and did have some leftover ingredients so I made some just for the house. And since we were visiting our daughter, her husband and granddaughter yesterday, I brought up some extras that did not go to waste!
Other times I've used small martini glasses or small plain juice glasses. I just happen to like mini desserts and usually have a couple different kinds when I have a dinner party.
I do have a tip for you... I made the swirls ahead of time by piping them on parchment paper and placing them in the freezer... I wasn't sure how they would hold up all day in the refrigerator - so right before we left, I used a small spatula and placed on the dessert - I liked how they held their shape and were defrosted by the time we ate it.
I don't think this is critical but maybe this tip would come in handy for another recipe.
Grab a spoon and dig in!
Get the Recipe
- 12 lemon creme filled sandwich cookies, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lemon
- 2 lemons
- 1 2.9 lemon cook pudding (not instant)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz. thawed cool whip
- Lightly spray a 9″ springform pan with PAM
- Combine the crumbs and melted butter and press on bottom of pan
- Take the lemon and cut into 6 slices then cut each in half. Place the lemon halves against the inside collar of the pan making sure the cut side is down touching the crust. Place in the refrigerator while making the filling.
- First zest the lemons to have 1 teaspoon then juice the lemons measuring ¼ cup.
- Combine the pudding, sugar and ¼ of the water and yolks in a medium saucepan. Whisk the mixture until blended then slowly whisk in the rest of the water
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until it comes to a full boil. Remove from heat and take out ½ cup of this mixture and set aside then add the butter and lemon juice to the saucepan and stir until melted. Set aside for 15 minutes and stir twice during that time
- In a large bowl take the cream cheese and powdered sugar mixing it well; add in the ½ cup of lemon pudding and the lemon zest. Mix well.
- Fold in 2 cups of cool whip and spread it over the crust.
- Gently spoon the remaining lemon pudding onto the cream cheese mixture and the refrigerate for at least 6 hours to set.
- Remove collar, garnish with the remaining cool whip (pipe into swirls around edge of dessert) and cut into wedges
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 25gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!