Lemon and Raspberry Crepes are a great dessert. You'll love the light crepe filling with a homemade lemon curd and topped with a fresh raspberry sauce!
On Friday night we had some good friends over for dinner and I wanted to have a dessert that was on the lighter side and that had a springy look and feel. I think these crepes did the trick!
Another crepe recipe you may like - Apple Crepes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup butter cubed
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon zested lemon peel
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs plus 3 yolks lightly beaten
- 1 small bag frozen raspberries (16 ozs.)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Fresh raspberries
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and mix until very smooth (it is a very thin batter)
- Heat a 8-9″ saute pan over medium high heat that has been brushed lightly with cooking oil
- Measure ¼ cup batter and pour in heated pan; swirl until it reaches edges
- Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side until light brown
- Note: use a non-stick pan
- Lemon Curd
- Melt use a non-stick pan
- Whisk in the lightly beaten eggs and continue cooking over low heat whisking constantly until coats the back of a metal spoon (almost to a boil)
- Remove from heat, place in a bowl and place plastic wrap directly on top – chill in refrigerator completely.
- Raspberry Sauce
- Defrost the raspberries then place in a fine mesh strainer. With a spoon press to extract juice (throw away solids)
- In a small saucepan combine the raspberry juice, OJ, sugar and cornstarch.
- Cook over low heat until it thickens – can be used at room temp or refrigerated
- Place about 2-3 tablespoons of curd on crepe then place about same amount of cool whip – roll up and drizzle raspberry sauce on top. Can also place a few berries on side if desired
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 471Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 225mgSodium: 281mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 3gSugar: 45gProtein: 8g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.