Lunch is served guys and gals with 12 of the best grilled sandwiches you will find on this planet or maybe even the universe!
I'm happy to present our #12 bloggers day on May 12 with Gourmet Grilled sandwiches. This is our fourth month of creating recipes for you and I think it is my favorite so far.
The creativity is amazing. I'm sure you will have a hard time picking one to try so you'll have to make them all! I am!
I really had fun researching and experimenting with flavors. I knew for sure I wanted to use cinnamon raisin bread and create a savory sandwich.
So I brought to the party this grilled ham with brie, cream cheese with hot and sweet pepper jelly. It's a flavor explosion in your mouth!
Enjoy and see you next month!!!
- 4 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 8 slices thin honey ham
- 2 tablespoon sweet and hot pepper jelly (I got mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 ounces brie cheese sliced
- In a small bowl combine the pepper jelly and cream cheese and set aside
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle on medium low heat
- Butter one side of each of the 4 slices
- On the unbuttered side, place 2 slices of ham, half the cream cheese mixture (you might have extra if you prefer to use less), 2 additional slices of ham then the brie cheese – top with the buttered side on the outside.
- Place on the skillet or griddle
- Cook until the bread is browned nicely; flip and repeat (please note – the lower the heat, the better the bread browns so the cheese has a chance to melt)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 632Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 1571mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 32g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.