Lunch is served guys and gals with 12 of the best grilled sandwiches you will find on this planet or maybe even the universe!
I'm happy to present our #12 bloggers day on May 12 with Gourmet Grilled sandwiches. This is our fourth month of creating recipes for you and I think it is my favorite so far.
The creativity is amazing. I'm sure you will have a hard time picking one to try so you'll have to make them all! I am!
I really had fun researching and experimenting with flavors. I knew for sure I wanted to use cinnamon raisin bread and create a savory sandwich.
So I brought to the party this grilled ham with brie, cream cheese with hot and sweet pepper jelly. It's a flavor explosion in your mouth!
Enjoy and see you next month!!!
- 4 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 8 slices thin honey ham
- 2 tablespoon sweet and hot pepper jelly (I got mine at Trader Joe’s)
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 ounces brie cheese sliced
- In a small bowl combine the pepper jelly and cream cheese and set aside
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle on medium low heat
- Butter one side of each of the 4 slices
- On the unbuttered side, place 2 slices of ham, half the cream cheese mixture (you might have extra if you prefer to use less), 2 additional slices of ham then the brie cheese – top with the buttered side on the outside.
- Place on the skillet or griddle
- Cook until the bread is browned nicely; flip and repeat (please note – the lower the heat, the better the bread browns so the cheese has a chance to melt)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 632Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 1571mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 32g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!