Fall is calling you with this easy pumpkin pecan custard topped with a crunchy pecan crumble with a homemade bourbon whipped cream. Oh, and did we mention they are drizzled with caramel sauce!
I hope you are in a pumpkin mood because including today, I've made three new recipes this month - first up was Overnight Pumpkin Oatmeal followed by Spicy Pumpkin Spice Almonds and today we have these individual servings of bliss! If you love pumpkin pie (and who doesn't?) then today you are in for a treat with these pumpkin custard individual desserts. A smooth pie texture topped with a pecan crumble, topped with a fresh bourbon whipped cream and drizzled with caramel sauce. Dare I say it is better than a pie and you don't need to make crust! Grab a fork and dig in.
I'm kinda sucker when I'm standing in the grocery checkout line and happen across the Better Homes and Gardens special interest publications. Sometimes I can pass on them but this month the title was called 100 Best Pumpkin Recipes (not an affiliate link) and the cover looked delicious as in I wanted to take a bite! I flipped through a few pages and then it just happened in my cart... hmmm
I found several recipes that I wanted to try including today's. I changed it up a bit by adding the whipped cream and caramel drizzle. It would be fine on its own but these additions really brought it to a whole new level.
I'm sure I will be making some more recipes from the magazine. I've bookmarked quite a few - some sweet and some savory. It's probably going to be raining pumpkin recipes here for awhile - hope our skin doesn't turn orange 🙂
What I really loved about the recipe is that it so easy. Just combine the custard ingredients, pour in ramekins, bake, and cool. These really would make a great dessert idea for company. In fact we had some friends over and they loved them! I think you will too!!
These will taste fine with no whipped cream or caramel...
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- ¼ chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the eggs, puree, heavy cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt (1st 8 ingredients)
- Place 8 6 oz. ramekin cups in a large roasting pan then divide the mixture between the cups. Place pan on middle rack of oven and then slowly add in hot water until it comes up half way on the ramekins. Bake for 25 minutes (note: my roasting pan was not big enough so I baked 4 ramekins then the other 4 - the mixture stayed fine)
- While baking, make the crumble topping by combining the ¼ cup flour, ¼ cup brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until it becomes fine crumbs. Add in pecans and set aside.
- After 25 minutes divide the crumble mixture between the 8 cups and bake an additional 15-20 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean
- Place on a wire rack to cool (being careful of hot water in pan when removing)
- Cool one hour and cover loosely and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours
- Make whipped cream by whipped in a chilled bowl 1 cup heavy cream, bourbon and sugar
- Topped cooled custards with cream and drizzle caramel sauce if desired
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
Enjoy- you can do this!
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!