This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
This Pumpkin banana quick bread is the perfect snack for Fall. Bursting with fresh pumpkin puree, ripe bananas and walnuts, this quick bread recipe is a welcome treat with coffee or tea.
I also happened to have about a full can of pumpkin leftover that I didn’t want to go to waste, so I thought why not try to combine the two and make this Easy Pumpkin Banana Nut Quick Bread.While this is not an original recipe, I did decide to kick it up a notch with a creamy maple glaze. That, my friends, really put it over the top!
We all know that Nestle makes the very best chocolate, right? But they also have this recipe on their site that is super easy to make. This quick bread has nuts, but I do think some chocolate chips would have been a great idea (I’m surprised they weren’t added). Also, with reading some of the comments, I decided to use the mini loaf pans instead of two large. One person commented that it needs some sort of frosting, which is why I made a maple glaze. Oh and I should mention I baked the quick bread at 325 not 350, as the original recipe suggests. The results are fantastic.
The pumpkin banana nut quick bread is super moist and the glaze really goes well with the other flavors.
I would recommend that you glaze the bread right before eating – I noticed the next day the glaze soaked in the bread but that was tasty too. Since it does make 6 mini loafs, I did freeze 4 of them to be eaten another time. Just be sure to wrap them when completely cooled in plastic wrap and store in a freezer bag. These would be great to pull out when that unexpected company stops by or you have a craving that needs a fix!
Oh, did I mention the Maple Glaze? Let’s drizzle….
Let’s eat some pumpkin banana nut bread! (oh and have coffee!)
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325
- Grease 6 mini loaf pans or 2 9x5" loaf pans
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt. Mix well
- In a large bowl beat together until smooth the pumpkin, eggs, white sugar, brown sugar, bananas and vegetable oil
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture then stir in the nuts.
- Spoon into prepared pans
- Bake for 30 minutes then check with a toothpick - if it comes out clean they are done. If you are doing large loaves (which I did not try); check after 50 minutes and still wait until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes then remove.
- In a small saucepan combine the butter and maple syrup; stir until butter melts then remove from stove; Whisk in the powdered sugar (sifted)
- NOTE: The glaze will do 2-3 small loafs. It's best to glaze and eat the same day.
- Loaves freeze well without the glaze
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 565 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 67mg Sodium: 508mg Carbohydrates: 81g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 43g Protein: 9g