This tangy cranberry salsa goes great with grilled shrimp to make a fantastic easy appetizer! Perfect for your holiday party!
Almost time to ring in the new year and welcome 2017! If you are looking for an easy appetizer that has a pop of flavor and looks kinda fancy, then you will love today’s recipe. This cranberry salsa comes together quick and goes perfectly with the grilled shrimp. A great addition to your party table!
It’s hard to believe that another year has passed and that we are talking about a new year starting. How do you like to celebrate? Do you just prefer to sit in, watch the ball drop at midnight and then head to bed? Either have a party, go to a party or light up the town?
We have done all four over the years. In our way back youth we used to get dressed up and go out on the town. Loved all that celebrating with crowds of people. The champagne flowing and dancing the night away. Let’s fast forward to when we had kids – the early years I’m pretty sure we just stayed home and went to bed BEFORE the ball dropped! Those early mornings you know…
When the kids were about 5-6 years old we used to get together with the neighbors, their kids and went to a local ranch. We would ride on wagons and the kids would get to hold bunnies on their laps. We did some sledding and then headed home for hot chocolate.
We’ve also had parties where I would have dinner at my place then we would head next door to the other neighbors for games and watching the ball drop. Now with grandkids we have done some babysitting and still manage to watch it strike midnight (though since we are in the midwest, we might watch it drop at 11 our time and call it a night!)
Whatever you do, I wish you a very happy new year and hope 2016 was great! Another recipe you might enjoy are these Veggie Poppers.
This salsa can also be very versatile. Use it to top cooked chicken or fish and it even would taste great poured over a brick of cream cheese and served with crackers.
- 15 large uncooked shrimp
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced (use gloves)
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor add the cranberries and pulse until they are chopped into small pieces
- Place in a bowl and add the remaining salsa ingredients and set aside
- For the shrimp - brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Heat over medium heat a frying pan
- When pan is hot, add shrimp and turn when the side becomes pink and opaque then cook other side
- This could take 3-4 minutes on each side depending on thickness of shrimp
- Serve warm with the salsa
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 3
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 288mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.