These Chocolate Rum Truffles would make a great holiday gift and are easy to make. One recipe makes three different kinds.
Happy Holidays! Today I'm sharing a sweet treat you can have on hand, give to family/friends or would make a great hostess gift. These Chocolate Rum Truffles are a bite sized treat full chocolate flavor and a hint of rum.
I know this time of year it is all about the cookies. Nothing wrong with that, cookies are great but making truffles is really easy to do and make a great addition to your holiday platters! So when I was asked to create a recipe using Diplomatico Rum and spices from Simply Organic, I was eager to give it a try.
And if you are like me, you don't mind getting your hands into stuff! I make homemade pasta with my hands just like my grandmother did and these were a LOT less messier to do. Just place a small scoop in your hand and roll... I placed the ball into the bowl with either the pecans, cinnamon sugar or cocoa powder and just moved the bowl around until they were coated. Easy!
Enjoy the holiday and make yourself a batch of these tasty treats!
Get the Recipe
- 10 oz. bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- ¼ cup Diplomatico rum
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For rolling - chopped pecans, cocoa powder, cinnamon sugar
- In a microwave bowl place the chocolate and butter; heat for 30 seconds, stir then keeping heating for 20-30 seconds until melted
- In a small saucepan combine the whipping cream and light corn syrup; heat until it just comes to a simmer then add to the chocolate mixture. Stir until well mixed.
- Add rum and vanilla; stir until well mixed
- Put in refrigerator in small bowl until it is well chilled (2-3 hours)
- In 3 small bowls place pecans, cocoa powder and a cinnamon sugar mixture
- Using a small scoop to form a ball and roll in desired topping
- Place on wax paper in a container and keep refrigerated
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!