This holiday Chocolate Peppermint Dip is a great snack recipe to have on hand that everyone will love. It has two kinds of chocolate, mint and salty pretzels for dippers that make a great combo to satisfy that sweet tooth!
There is something about chocolate and peppermint that is a must have treat during the holidays. Besides being chocolate, it has the refreshing taste of peppermint that is flavor explosion in your mouth! Then add in salty pretzels and well, you have a delicious and a bit of indulgent treat that will keep you dipping for a long time. It's also best to make this chocolate peppermint dip in individual servings so you can double dip all you want so you can stay off the naughty list. You don't want that Elf giving you a bad report 🙂
This dip is best served when it is made so it stays nice and creamy but if you must refrigerate it, then no worries because you will have an entirely different dessert that also tastes fantastic. The texture becomes more like a cheesecake and can be eaten with a spoon. I have to say in our house, we enjoyed it both ways. This dip also only has five ingredients and comes together quick. While we loved the crushed candies on top, I think next time I would add some finely crushed candies to both the white chocolate and dark chocolate but I'm a peppermint person!
Last year I made this White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn snack that tastes great and would make a fun hostess gift (if you can resist not eating it all yourself!) and last week I made a Christmas Bark recipe. If you have any favorite snack recipes, be sure to let me know. I'm always looking for new ones to try.
I was inspired to make this recipe from Cravings of a Lunatic.
Get the Recipe
- 3 oz. white chocolate
- 3 oz. dark chocolate
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. marshmallow fluff
- 3 candy canes, crushed
- Pretzels for dippers
- Put 2" water in two small saucepans on your stove and turn to medium heat
- When it comes to a boil, place a heat proof bowl on top (making sure it does not touch the water)
- In one bowl place the white chocolate and the other the dark chocolate
- Stir until they are both melted and smooth then remove and allow to cool for about 7 minutes
- Place the cream cheese in a bowl and whip until it is really smooth and creamy
- Add the fluff and whip again until smooth
- Divide the mixture evenly in two bowls then to one add the white chocolate and the other the dark chocolate.
- Stir each mixture with a spoon until completely mixed
- Spoon white and dark chocolate into small bowls (as shown) and top with crushed candy canes
- Serve with pretzel dippers or cookies
You may substitute milk chocolate for the dark if desired
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 152mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!