Breakfast can be exciting and fun with these Egg and Ham Puff Pastry single serving delights! The flaky pastry is perfect for nestling the egg and ham!
Rise and shine sleepy head! I know you will love waking up to this Egg and Ham Puffed Pastry Tart. If this doesn’t get you out of bed, I don’t know what will! You will enjoy the flaky pastry (and if you know me, you know I have a love affair with puffed pastry), ham and cheese all topped with a sunny side up egg. Just grab your favorite juice and you will have a complete meal. So rub that sleep out of your eyes and be sure to head over to Real Housemoms where I’m sharing this recipe for this month’s contributor post (and see below as well for recipe).
And remember my motto – you can always personalize recipes with what YOU like. This version has ham, a bit of diced red peppers, scallions and a finely shredded Mexican cheese blend. Feel free to experiment with other cheeses (swiss, provolone), veggies (mushrooms, other peppers) and meats (cooked sausage or bacon). Maybe have a breakfast bar with a variety of ingredients and have each person personalize their own bake. What a great way to get the family involved in the kitchen! Just have some coffee and juice on hand. I’ll have to give this a try the next time my granddaughter visits. She is 2 1/2 and loves to help me in the kitchen. The last time she was here and I was making lasagna, she was my cheese sprinkler and she did a great job! I’m going to turn her into my sous chef.
Just look how ooey and gooey the center is. And no need to make toast either – just to tear off a piece of pastry and dunk it in the good stuff! What a great way to start your day! Hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 1 puffed pastry puff thawed
- 4 eggs plus one egg for an egg wash that is slightly beaten with 1 T of water
- 2 slices deli ham diced
- 2-3 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- On a floured surface roll out the puff pastry to a 12" square then cut into 4 equal 6" squares and place on cookie sheet
- Lightly score about 1/2" around the edges
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove and press the centers down of each square
- Place each square 1/4 of the ham, scallions, red peppers then add 1/4 of the cheese
- Break an egg carefully into the center of each square and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Brush with the edges with the egg wash
- Replace back in oven and bake for 15-25 minutes depending on how you like your eggs (I did 20 for a slightly running center)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 307mgSodium: 491mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 16g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.