Breakfast can be exciting and fun with these Egg and Ham Puff Pastry single serving delights! The flaky pastry is perfect for nestling the egg, ham and cheese!
Rise and shine sleepy head! I know you will love waking up to this Egg and Ham Puffed Pastry Tart. If this doesn't get you out of bed, I don't know what will! You will enjoy the flaky pastry (and if you know me, you know I have a love affair with puffed pastry), ham and cheese all topped with a sunny side up egg.
- puff pastry
- deli ham
- red pepper
- Cheese - cheddar, swiss, or provolone work work in this recipe
- Veggies - cooked mushrooms or any type of peppers
- Meat - sausage or bacon (just be sure they are cooked ahead of time)
Just look how ooey and gooey the center is in this Egg and Ham Puff Pastry Tart. And no need to make toast either - just to tear off a piece of pastry and dunk it in the good stuff! What a great way to start your day! Hope you enjoy this recipe!
This breakfast pastry is best served when made and would not be suitable to store in the refrigerator after baked.
Other Breakfast Recipes
Get the Recipe
- 1 puffed pastry puff thawed
- 4 eggs plus one egg for an egg wash that is slightly beaten with 1 T of water
- 2 slices deli ham diced
- 2-3 tablespoons sliced scallions
- ¼ cup diced red pepper
- ½ cup finely shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- On a floured surface roll out the puff pastry to a 12" square then cut into 4 equal 6" squares and place on cookie sheet
- Lightly score about ½" around the edges
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove and press the centers down of each square
- Place each square ¼ of the ham, scallions, red peppers then add ¼ of the cheese
- Break an egg carefully into the center of each square and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Brush with the edges with the egg wash
- Replace back in oven and bake for 15-25 minutes depending on how you like your eggs (I did 20 for a slightly running center)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 307mgSodium: 491mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 16g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
My friend Lisa has some great breakfast potato nachos that would be fantastic with these tarts.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!