Apple Crepes are a perfect dessert with light crepes and spiced apples. Family and friends will definitely be asking seconds!
An apple (crepe) a day keeps the doctor away and with this month's #12bloggers recipes, you can have almost 2 weeks worth of new recipes to try. Summer is still here - thank goodness - but soon we'll be turning to apples to make some scrumptious recipes!
So glad the group decided on apples this time around so I can get some new ideas. I'm sharing these apple crepes that I hope you will enjoy!
We have an apple tree in our back yard. Just one tree, but I've been told by the DIY Guy that it is loaded. Last year we harvested about 300 and looks like we have another bumper crop.
We got a head start to picking last weekend when our 2 year old granddaughter reached up and picked one off to eat. First I surprised she could reach the lower branches, and then thought since it was still green, she might not like it but she ended up eating most of it. She shares well and offered a bite to us all! She's such a cutie!
Please don't be intimidated to make crepes - I always thought, wow, they look so good but must be hard to make. But I couldn't have been more wrong. It is basically a thin pancake batter and with a slippery pan, they cook perfectly!
Be sure to check out the other gal's creations:
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 ¼ cup skim milk (or 1%)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2-3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into ½″ pieces
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon schnapps
- Crepes - combine in a blender the flour, 1 T sugar, and salt – pulse a few times to combine. Add the eggs and milk and blend until no lumps remain. Pour into a medium bowl and keep at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Apples - melt the butter in a large skillet then add the apples and saute until apples start to soften.
- Sprinkle with 3 T sugar and cinnamon and saute until apples begin to brown (about 5 minutes)
- Add schnapps, cook and stir for 2 minutes then remove from heat
- Make Crepes - turn burner on medium heat then spray a 10″ non-stick skillet with cooking spray
- When pan is hot, add ¼ cup batter and swirl pan until batter coats the entire bottom.
- Cook about 2 minutes until edges get light brown then flip with a spatula and cook for another 30-45 seconds. Repeat and spray pan lightly between making.
- Transfer to plate and keep covered with a clean towel
- If apples have cooled, warm up a bit then fold 2 crepes onto plate then top with apples and whipped cream
- Drizzle with caramel sauce that has been warmed up a bit in microwave
Use store bought caramel sauce and top with whipped cream if desired
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 203mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 7gSugar: 26gProtein: 14g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!