These Raspberry Vanilla Cream Crepes make the perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day or any time you want to impress that someone special. The crepes have a creamy vanilla filling and the fresh raspberries add a pop of color.
Have you ever made crepes? Are you maybe a bit intimidated thinking they are so hard to do? Well, if so, I totally get it. I used to be one of those. I love crepes and thought there was no way I could have them turn out as well as I’ve had them. But I was wrong, way wrong. Once you give them a try, you’ll be whipping them up often.
Making crepes are like making a version of pancakes. The batter is just thinner and you need to swirl it in a hot saute pan, flip ’em, remove ’em and then load them up as in these raspberry vanilla cream crepes. You can also fill them with about anything you want. I’ve made them with lemon curd and apples with caramel. Next up I want to try a savory one. This past July I was in Las Vegas having breakfast at Mon Ami Gabi and enjoyed an egg, bacon and cheese crepe. It was delicious! Be sure to stop by if you are ever in the area.
If you want, you could make the crepes earlier in the day, cover them and store in a refrigerator. The filling could also be made ahead and just assembled when you are ready to serve. I won’t recommend keeping them longer than a day (or overnight) as they seem to get a big doughy when left that long. I don’t own an official crepe pan so I use my 10″ non-stick skillet and it works just fine. I went to our local kitchen store today to try and buy one but at $129 (it was a Le Creuset), I decided to pass! I’ll just keep using my skillet.
I hope you enjoy these raspberry vanilla cream crepes and shoot me a message if you need any help!
Powdered sugar is a good idea too.
Use fresh berries!
Raspberry Vanilla Cream Crepes
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups milk (I used 1% - do not use skim but other kinds will do)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Extra butter for skillet
- 8 oz. soft cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar (divided) plus extra for dusting
- fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl combine the flour, eggs, salt, vanilla, butter and sugar
- Whisk in the milk gradually until it is a smooth batter with no lumps
- Heat a lightly buttered 10" skillet over medium/high heat
- Scoop about 1/4 cup batter in center of pan then swirl and rotate so batter covers the bottom of the skillet
- The crepes will take about 1-2 minutes per side until brown
- Cook all crepes (lightly butter pan between making each crepe)
- Make filling by beating the whipped cream with 1/4 cup powdered sugar until stiff peaks form then set aside
- In mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth then add in 3/4 cup of powdered sugar, vanilla and salt and mix well
- Fold in the whipped cream
- Spread about 2-3 tablespoons of vanilla cream on crepe and roll up
- Top with fresh raspberries and a dusting of powdered sugar
I was inspired to make the crepes from this site.