Sweet potato rounds with goat cheese are the perfect easy holiday party appetizer! This sweet potato goat cheese appetizer is beautiful and easy to make!
With a couple big holidays coming up curious minds want to know – are you a fan of sweet potatoes? I am for sure and I like them mashed, baked, roasted, french fried and in gumbo (oh wait that is Bubba shrimp!)
Kidding aside, I like them anyway they can be prepared. Love the sweet flavor and if I can resist over dousing them in butter and brown sugar, they are pretty healthy too. Today I’m sharing how to prepare them as a tasty appetizer. The rounds are roasted, spread with a creamy goat cheese filling, topped with pecans and craisins and then drizzled with some honey.
Did you also know that you can serve sweet potatoes for breakfast? Our family likes this Sweet Potato Hash recipe that is cooked up with shallots and peppers all made in one skillet. Just add eggs and you have a complete meal. For the meal lovers, I’ve also created a version using sausage (the DIY Guy loves this one). No meal is complete for him unless it has meat – your guys the same too?
So what is on your holiday plan? Do you like to graze the whole day? Start with some appetizers and tasty beverages? Make a big meal with all the trimmings and dessert? On Thanksgiving we usually have our meal around 1 p.m. We’ll start our feast with some sort of pumpkin or squash soup, then move onto the bird with lots of side dishes.
Since we are usually full from the meal, dessert is more like mid-day and then we start with leftovers in the evening. I’m looking forward to getting together with the family and enjoying the day!
This year, I think we need some appetizers and this sweet potato goat cheese appetizer will be perfect!
Sweet Potato Goat Cheese Appetizer
You are going to love these Sweet Potato Rounds with Goat Cheese appetizer! They are perfect for all your holiday gatherings.
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2
- olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon cream or half and half
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped candied pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- honey for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside
- Brush each side of the rounds with olive oil and also sprinkle a bit of salt and the sugar cinnamon on each side
- Place one side down on a heavy cookie sheet
- Bake for 15 minutes; turn and baked for another 15 minutes
- While baking, combine the goat cheese with the cream (or half and half) and honey with a mixer
- When rounds are done, let cool a bit then add about a teaspoon of goat cheese mixture on each round, sprinkle with pecans and craisins
- Drizzle with a bit honey and serve immediately