Today is an exciting day! A special thanks to Lindsay and Julie for organizing their 3rd annual Cookie Swap. By signing up, I donated money to a great cause called Cookies for Kids Cancer and I was required to bake 3 dozen cookies and send a dozen to 3 bloggers and in return I received 1 dozen cookies from 3 other bloggers. Of course, the main event is raising money for this important cause – hundreds of bakers signed up and almost $14,000 was raised (this included corporate matches from OXO, Grandma’s Molasses, Dixie Crystal Sugar and Gold Medal Flour).
In the last month I have received some wonderful cookies from these bakers… I’m glad I took pictures when I did because they didn’t last long at our place!
The order I received the cookies – first up Thumb Prints:
Next Lemon Shortbread
And lastly, Toffee Oatmeal with Chocolate
All of these cookies were delicious…. each had a favorite ingredient of mine in them – thanks so much Sarah, Stacy and Krista!
Now for my cookie…. I had fun looking through my cookbooks because the requirements called for a new recipe. I found this one from one of my favorite authors Debbie Macomber and her Christmas Cookbook (I’m a huge fan of the Cedar Cove books).
So without further adieu I’m presenting these Triple Ginger Chocolate Chunk Cookies. I really hope the three gals I baked for enjoyed them and I apologize that I forgot to write what the cookies were. My cookies went to Lynn at Turnips 2 Tangerines, Katie at Blonde Ambition Blog and Maria at Maria of the Best.
Recipes are being revealed today on each blog. I’ll be stopping by to get the recipes from the cookies given to me.
Triple Ginger Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tbls unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 stick soft butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 oz chocolate chunks
- 1/4 chopped crystallized ginger
- sugar for rolling
- Combine the flour, cocoa, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in bowl
- In a large bowl beat the butter, brown sugar and fresh ginger on high until blended then add molasses beating until just combined
- Dissolve the baking soda in 2 tsps very hot water then add to batter.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chunks and crystallized ginger. Refrigerate one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cookies sheets with parchment paper. Roll about a walnut size of dough in your hands then roll through regular sugar. Place about 2" apart on sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are cracked on top and firm around edges.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack.
This truly was a great event and I plan to participate next year! Perhaps you will want to jump on board as well!