Since this was a sandwich and not a salad, a light vinaigrette dressing was perfect - just enough to give it some flavor but not take over the chopped ingredients. The vinaigrette would also be good on other salads as well.
Cobb Salad Pita Pocket
Prep Time: 20 mins
Yield about 3-4 sandwiches
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons champagne (or white) vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1-2 cups chopped butter lettuce
- Pita bread
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients except for the lettuce.
- Gently combine and drizzle with the dressing.
- Place lettuce in pita pockets and add salad mixture
- Serve immediately
Powered by Recipage
If you aren't a fan of sandwiches, then just take all these yummy ingredients and turn into a salad - either way you can't go wrong!
Another pita sandwich you might enjoy: