While it seems like we went from Halloween to Christmas at the stores (including songs-ugh), in-between there is the best eating holiday of the year - Thanksgiving! Right? It is actually one of my favorites. We have our family tried and true recipes but I'm always on the lookout for some new ones to try! So I think today you are really going to enjoy this post. Not only are you going to have access to 25 delicious recipes for your Thanksgiving table, but each chef is hosting a giveaway on their blog. Trust me when I say you will love these recipes.
We have you covered from breakfast, appetizers, side dishes, dessert and even a main course turkey recipe. So get ready to browse what you might want on your table! I'm bringing to the event this Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries side dish - it's sweet, savory and on the lighter side.
Up until a few years ago, I always hosted Thanksgiving dinner. I really never minded making all the dishes since it was just our immediate family. Now our older daughter and her husband have taken over and I have to say I love just showing up with a couple dishes. They always put on a great spread and hope they'll like this new dish I created!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranbrries
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
Yield 4-6 servings
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (about 3/4")
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a medium bowl toss together the squash, salt, pepper, brown sugar and maple syrup. Mix well and then pour on a rimmed cookie sheet. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Roast for 25 minutes stirring about every 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile toss the cranberries in 1 tablespoon honey and add to the cookie sheet after the 25 minutes and continue to roast for an additional 10-15 (until berries burst and squash is soft) (stir twice during roasting time)
- Remove from oven and toss with the additional tablespoon honey and the cinnamon.
- Serve right away or at room temperature
Powered by Recipage
As I mentioned each blogger will be hosting a giveaway (each valued around $50) I'm giving away a $50 gift card to Amazon and you can enter below then be sure to scroll down to see the other delectable dishes!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Green Bean Quinoa Casserole
Enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving!!