What if I told you you could have your favorite carrot cake recipe in a muffin form! Yes, that is what's today recipe is. You will love this moist muffin chocked full of carrots, pineapple, raisins and toasted pecans topped with a creamy cream cheese glaze. I hope you enjoy this new recipe and in case you haven't noticed, I have a new blog design that I'm enjoying!
Hats off to my daughter Danielle who created the graphics for me.... she has always helped me when I'm itching to make a change. I love collaborating with her. We spent a few nights emailing ideas and designs back and forth before deciding on this new look. If you are interested in seeing some of her other work, check out her site at looplooplooploop. I know I'm biased but she is pretty talented! The other person I want to tip my hat to is Kim at Kim Six Fix who did all my template customization and other back-end stuff. She was a dream to work with and helped pull together the vision and did things that if I had to do, well I would probably not have any hair left-ha!
Ok, back to the recipe!
Here you go...
Carrot Cake Muffins
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 22-25 minutes
Yield 15 muffins
Yield 15 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place about 15 paper baking cups in muffin pans, and coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour and next 4 ingredients; make a well in center of mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pineapple and next 4 ingredients; add pineapple mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in carrots, pecans, and raisins.
- Spoon batter into baking cups, filling about two-thirds full.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- If desired, drizzle with cream cheese glaze. Make by mixing together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Add milk as needed to desired consistency
Powered by Recipage
These are great with glaze or....
What do you prefer???