On Friday night we had some good friends over for dinner and I wanted to have a dessert that was on the lighter side and that had a springy look and feel. I think these crepes did the trick!
Lemon and Raspberry Crepes
Ingredients (4 servings - 2 each)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup butter cubed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon zested lemon peel
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 eggs plus 3 yolks lightly beaten
- 1 small bag frozen raspberries (16 ozs.)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cool Whip
- Fresh raspberries
- In a bowl combine all ingredients and mix until very smooth (it is a very thin batter)
- Heat a 8-9" saute pan over medium high heat that has been brushed lightly with cooking oil
- Measure 1/4 cup batter and pour in heated pan; swirl until it reaches edges
- Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side until light brown
- Note: use a non-stick pan
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat then add the sugar, lemon juice, zest and salt.
- Whisk in the lightly beaten eggs and continue cooking over low heat whisking constantly until coats the back of a metal spoon (almost to a boil)
- Remove from heat, place in a bowl and place plastic wrap directly on top - chill in refrigerator completely.
- Defrost the raspberries then place in a fine mesh strainer. With a spoon press to extract juice (throw away solids)
- In a small saucepan combine the raspberry juice, OJ, sugar and cornstarch.
- Cook over low heat until it thickens - can be used at room temp or refrigerated.
- Place about 2-3 tablespoons of curd on crepe then place about same amount of cool whip - roll up and drizzle raspberry sauce on top. Can also place a few berries on side if desired
Powered by Recipage
Another crepe recipe you may like - Apple Crepes