While winter is coming to end - well at least I hope so, I still feel soup is in order! Not only is this Tomato Tortellini Soup quite tasty - it's also vegetarian and can be on your table in about 30 minutes.
Originally posted at All She Cooks.
Tomato Tortellini Soup
Prep Time: 10 mintues
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield 4-6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon diced shallot
- 48 oz. vegetable broth
- 24 oz. marina sauce
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz. baby spinach
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 16 oz. cheese refrigerated tortellini
- In a soup pot heat the olive over medium high heat and saute the mushrooms until they start turning brown then add shallots and saute 1 minute.
- Add water, broth, marina sauce, basil and orgeno and bring to boil; lower temp, cover and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add tortellini and cook according to package (abut 7-9 minutes)
- For last 2 minutes of cooking time, add the fresh spinach
- Top with grated cheese if desired
Powered by Recipage
Another soup recipe you might like - Healthy Sweet Potato and Black Bean