Happy Saturday! Twice a month I will be contributing desserts on White Lights on Wednesday - this was my first post and if you didn't have a chance to see it at Julie's, I'm sharing now. Summer berries are still in season!
Let's get back to this dessert - I think you will love it! It is so easy and a great way to use seasonal berries. Don't bother making your own crust...keep it simple: a pre-made will do just fine. The berries are tossed in cornstarch and sugar, placed on the crust and then baked for 15 minutes. Viola! Done! Impress your family and friends! Want to make it even more special? Top with some whipped cream. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 1 pie crust (premade to be easier)
- 3 cups assorted berries (strawberries, blueberries, black berries and/or raspberries
- 2 T sugar
- 1T cornstarch
- 1 egg beaten
- additional sugar
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Follow directions on pie crust box and bring to room temp for about 30 minutes. Place on cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper
3. In a large bowl combine the cornstarch and sugar; add the berries and gently toss until well coated
4. Place berries on crust leaving 2” around
5. Fold dough over berries overlapping as above.
6. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sugar
7. Bake for 15-20 until golden brown. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
8. If desired top with whipped cream
Powered by Recipage