Happy Easter! Hope you had a wonderful day! We just got back from our friends and I'm feeling a
The crust is started by finely chopping the lemon sandwich cookies
It is mixed with melted butter and pressed into a 9" springform pan. Next cut 6 thin slices of lemon and cut those in half and line around the pan
Filling is made and spread into the pan
and a lemon cooked pudding is poured on top and chilled about 6 hours to set up
I made this the night before and we served it for dessert late this afternoon - so good - so lemony!
Recipe from Pampered Chef
Creamy Lemon Supreme Serves: 12 Calories: 390 Prep Time to Table: 45 minutes plus 6 hours chilling
Recipe : Pampered Chef
12 lemon creme-filled sandwich cookies, finely chopped (1½ cups)
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Filling 2 lemons 1 package (2.9 ounces) lemon cook and serve pudding and pie filling (not instant)
½ cup sugar
2 cups water, divided
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
½ cup powdered sugar
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1. Lightly spray Springform Pan with nonstick cooking spray. For crust, finely chop cookies using Food Chopper. Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in Small Batter Bowl. Press crumb mixture into bottom of pan. Cut 6 thin slices from lemon; cut each slice in half. Place lemon halves against inside collar of pan with cut side touching crust. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
2. For filling, zest lemons to measure 1½ teaspoons zest using Lemon Zester/Scorer. Using Juicer, juice lemons to measure ¼ cup juice. Combine pudding mix, sugar, ¼ cup of the water and egg yolks in Small (2-qt.) Saucepan; stir until blended. Stir in remaining 1¾ cups water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a full boil; remove from heat. Set aside ½ cup of the pudding; cool slightly. Whisk butter and lemon juice into remaining pudding in saucepan; cool 15 minutes, stirring twice.
3. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar; mix well. Whisk in reserved ½ cup lemon pudding and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping, spread over crust.
4. Stir remaining lemon pudding mixture and spoon evenly over cream cheese filling using Mix ‘N Scraper, spreading gently. Refrigerate at least 6 hours.
5. Run Quikut Paring Knife around sides of dessert; release collar from pan. Garnish with remaining whipped topping and lemon zest. Cut into wedges.