Happy Holidays! It’s the last 12th day of the year, the last 2015 #12boggers recipes with 12 ingredients or less. We are going out with a bang with White Chocolate Peppermint recipes. You will be wowed with the fresh, minty flavor paired with white chocolate recipes that are being shared this month. The holidays are a perfect time to whip up these recipes and share with those you love. I’m excited about my White Chocolate Peppermint Mousse. It’s so easy to make but I had a “messy” time getting my photos and a bit of drama but all good 🙂
It all started last Saturday the 5th. The DIY Guy went to babysit our granddaughter and I stayed back to get caught up on decorating, making recipes, etc. I was on a roll – the house was done, the mousse turned out the best it ever had and I was just settling down for a a long winter’s nap. Well, more like watching TV and relaxing when at 10:30 the phone rang with his number. I knew it could only mean one thing – our daughter was in labor. Sure enough while at her office Christmas party they needed to leave for the hospital. It was too late to make the 2 hour drive so I just started to get organized around the house when I remembered I needed to take photos of the mousse. My plan to wait for Sunday was out the window. No worries, I set up my studio lights and started snapping away and turned my head for a bit when all of sudden the tripod fell forward and the lens fell in the mousse! Oh man, I was like @#!^%@! (no translation needed!). Luckily I always have a filter on my lens and that was the only part with the creamy mess. So what’s a girl to do? First, I used my finger to get the mousse off and gave it lick – hey, it was still good! Then I cleaned the filter and went on my way. By the time I fell asleep it was 1:30 am and I got up at 7 to drive. The good news was our daughter and her husband welcomed a sweet baby boy by the time I arrived. The mousse was a distant memory and the new focus was on Alexander John! He’s adorable and I’ve already been to see him twice this week with more to come. Don’t you just love happy (sweet) endings!
White Chocolate Peppermint Christmas Popcorn Balls by Home Cooking Memories
White Chocolate Peppermint Mousse by Cooking on the Front Burner
White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake Jars by Love Bakes Good Cakes
White Chocolate Peppermint Mocktini by Thyme for Cocktails
White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies by Bread Booze Bacon
White Chocolate Peppermint Candy Bark by A Night Owl
White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Candy by Pink Cake Plate
White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Cookie Balls by I Love My Disorganized Life
Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Dip by See Vanessa Craft
White Peppermint Fudge Recipe by Around My Family Table
- 8 Ounces White Chocolate Chopped (do NOT use white chocolate chips - must be white chocolate)
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream Very cold
- 1/2 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- Candy Canes, chopped
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. Melt in the microwave, 15 seconds at a time until the chocolate and butter are melted and smooth. Be careful when doing this as chocolate can burn quickly, particularly white chocolate.
- Add about 1/2 cup of the cream to the white chocolate mixture and the peppermint extract and stir to combine.
- In a larger cold mixing bowl, pour the remaining cream along with the white chocolate cream mixture. Using a whisk or handheld mixer, whip the mixture to smooth but firm peaks (peaks should just stand up when a spoon is dipped in and out). Be careful not to over whip as the mousse can break and have a grainy appearance.
- Use as desired. I placed in small shot glasses that I rimmed in hot fudge sauce and dipped in crushed candy canes. Pipe mousse into cups. You may also cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set the mousse in the refrigerator to chill until ready to use in the dessert of your choice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.