These little pillows of tender Pumpkin Gnocchi are delicious with a butter sage sauce.
I’m super excited that it is the 12th of the month so we can share with you what the #12bloggers have been up to with this month’s ingredient of squash (think pumpkin, butternut, etc).
Whether it be sweet or savory you desire, we have you covered with some fantastic recipes! Being Italian you would think I would have made gnocchis before.
Sure, I’ve had some but have never given them a try. So this month I brought to the show these Pumpkin Gnocchi in a Brown Butter Sauce topped with crispy sage. Perfect for the fall or any time!
Being this was my first time, I was a bit worried they may turn into little lead balloons. I’ve heard the key is not overworking the dough and not adding in too much flour.
These were dense but definitely the right consistency and with the brown butter sauce and sage – perfecto!
Here are the other recipes to check out!
Crockpot Potato Stuff Squash by Around My Family Table
We enjoyed these with a bit of shredded parmesan cheese.
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8-10 fresh sage leaves
- parmesan cheese
- To make gnocchi combine the pumpkin, egg, salt and nutmeg. Add in by wooden spoon the flour until a soft dough forms (up to 1 1/4 cups flour or a tad more).
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough for about 1 minute and then form into 4 rolls about 1″ in diameter.
- Cut off about an inch and roll onto a gnocchi board to get ridges (or use a fork)
- Set aside until all are done
- In a large sauce pan bring water to boil and add about 2 teaspoons of salt.
- In small batches, place gnocchi in water – they will float to top when done. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Repeat until all are done.
- In a medium skillet add the butter and heat over medium heat. Add sage leaves and cook until butter starts to brown. Remove from heat, remove leaves then place gnocchi in skillet and place on low heat until they are heated through (season with salt and pepper to taste)
- Remove and dish up – top with crispy sage and sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 499mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.