Have a taste of the tropics with these Pina Colada Donuts! The cake like donut is topped with a cream cheese frosting with pineapple and coconut.
What’s today folks? It’s the 12th and that means 12 bloggers, 12 recipes with 12 ingredients or less! And yes, and this month was donuts!
I think you will be really wowed with what the other gals came up with this month. Since I’m hoping for winter to be over, I went with this tropical delight – Pina Colada.
If I can’t be sitting on the beach with the drink, I sure can be eating one of these donuts with my coffee and dream. Right? Maybe play a little Jimmy Buffet….
Pineapple and coconut are one of my favorite flavor combos – so fresh and light.
These donuts will be pleasing to your palate and would be perfect for a brunch or breakfast you might be hosting. Make extra because they will disappear fast!
Other donut recipe from the blog you might like:
Now onto what the other gals made. Be sure to click on the links below to check them out and get the recipes for this months #12bloggers creations!
Chocolate Dipped Cream Filled Doughnuts From Big Bears Wife
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (Melted)
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Garnish – cherries, coconut and pineapple chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 then spray a donut pan with nonstick spray (like PAM)
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt and sugar in a medium bowl
- Whisk the coconut milk, coconut oil, pineapple and 1 tsp vanilla extract in a small bowl
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry; keep mixing until is well combined
- Place batter in each donut mold (about 2/3 full) – it might be easier to use a large baggie with the corner cut off and squeeze in
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until donuts spring back lightly when touched
- Cool for 5 minutes on wire rack then remove donuts and cool completely
- Make buttercream by beating butter until smooth then add powdered sugar and salt and mix well
- Add coconut milk and vanilla next and mix well
- Frost donuts – if frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar
Top with garnish if desired
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 353mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 2gSugar: 57gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.