This Pear Gorgonzola Flatbread is sweet and tangy! Juicy pears, tart cheese and and sweet fig jam.
Yum - your taste buds will thank you when you make this Pear Gorgonzola Flatbread. And you might want to make it pronto! Recently we went out to dinner with the "kids" at a local restaurant called The Yard House.
While we were deciding what tasty beverages we wanted, our SIL ordered a pear gorgonzola flatbread for us to munch on. We all loved it and knew I could come close to making it at home.
I loved especially loved the tanginess of the cheese with the pear. In this version, I brushed a bit of fig jam on the crust to give it an extra sweetness. It was perfect! I'll give you a little tip.
If you can't find a flatbread, buy a thin crust pizza and either use it as is OR cut it into a rectangle. That's what I did since my store was out of what I really wanted.
As mentioned, I used my mandolin. These are super sharp! But I loved that I could get paper thin slices of the pear. Just be mindful of what you are doing!
So, on your menu soon?
Looking for other flatbreads? This one is peachy keen 🙂
Get the Recipe
- 1 flatbread (about 8×15) or a round pizza crust (thin)
- ½ cup gorgonzola cheese
- 1 medium ripe pear cut into 1/16″ slices (I used a mandolin)
- 3 tablespoons fig jam
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- olive oil
- Place a pizza stone in over and preheat 375 (if you don’t have stone, use a cookie sheet but don’t preheat it)
- Brush flatbread with olive oil
- Heat the jam in microwave until it is a bit liquified then brush on flatbread, leave chunks of jam on flatbread
- Place pear on top then top with gorgonzola
- Sprinkle with green onions
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place flatbread on stone and bake for 10-12 minutes until crispy
- Remove and cool slightly
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 512Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 939mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 4gSugar: 13gProtein: 13g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!