This easy to make Geek Orzo Summer Salad is loaded with fresh ingredients and is perfect to take along on a picnic.
Your #12bloggers are back today with this month's recipes - Summer Salads! I pretty much live on salads this time of year. There are so many fresh veggies and fruits to choose from; don't you agree?
Most of the ingredients in my Greek Orzo Summer Salad can be found in your own garden or the local farmer's market. Grab your basket and get what you need!
Keep reading to see what the other gals have made - I think you will find something new to enjoy.
I love Greek inspired recipes and this salad has one of my favorite pastas, orzo, and a homemade lemon vinaigrette dressing. It is so light and perfect to take along on a picnic (ants not invited!)
Serving suggestions are in individual jars (like above) and shake/stir to combine or make it in a big bowl. Either way this salad keeps for days.
Now onto to the other recipes!!!
Other salad recipes from my blog:
Get the Recipe
- 2 cups cooked orzo pasta, rinsed, cooled and tossed with a bit of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 cups diced fresh spinach (no stems)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut into fourths
- ⅔ cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup feta cheese cut into small cubes
- ½ cup sliced kalamata olives
- Fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine the orzo, red onion, spinach, tomato, cucumber, olives and some chopped fresh dill (to taste) in a large bowl and toss to combine
- Make dressing by whisking together lemon juice, S&P, olive oil and honey
- Pour over salad and mix
- Gently stir in feta cheese
- Good at room temp or refrigerate until needed
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 488mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 9g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!