This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
This Lentil Greek Salad is a colorful, healthy and easy to make salad that has fresh flavor. Each serving has crunchy cucumbers, green peppers, juicy tomatoes, creamy feta cheese, red onions, kalamata olives and the added bonus of lentils for protein.
With a few ingredients, you can whip up this simple salad with bold, tangy, crunchy and colorful flavors. It is sure to become your new favorite and the added lentils give it a good source of protein.
It’s hearty enough to be a main dish or can be served as a side salad. I’m especially fond of eating it for lunch since I really can’t do the sandwich thing every day. I can prep the ingredients early then toss everything together when I’m ready to eat.
The ingredients are simple with cherry tomatoes, green peppers, kalamata olives, red onions, cucumbers (I use the English version for less seeds and better taste), creamy feta cheese, and lentils. I also keep it simple with just a drizzle of good olive oil and sprinkled with dried oregano.
Today I made this salad and enjoyed it for lunch BUT I had leftovers so we enjoyed it for dinner too! Even though it was already mixed, it held up great and didn’t become soggy. It would be a great salad to take along on a picnic.
Lentil Greek Salad tips:
- Prep the ingredients ahead of time
- For added flavor, lentils can be cooked in vegetable broth
- Try English cucumbers as they have less seeds and the skin is tender compared to a regular cucumber
- Red onions can be soaked in ice water for 10 minutes to tame the “bite”
- Use block feta cheese and cut into chunks
- Use good quality olive oil
For more delicious Greek inspired recipes:
- 1/2 cup dry lentils, cooked as directed
- 1 large green pepper diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup english cucumber, sliced and cut into 4ths
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 4 oz. feta cheese (block cut into cubes)
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Prepare lentils as directed (I used have vegetable broth and half water)
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except lentils
- When lentils are done and cooled a bit, add to bowl, drizzle olive oil and sprinkled with oregano
- Toss gently and serve immediately or this will keep in the refrigerator for a couple days
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 172 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 17mg Sodium: 354mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 5g