This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
These candied cranberries make a fun gift!
Tis the season for cranberries – whether you like them fresh or as craisins, they are easy to find now so get them while you can! I decided to make these Orange Candied Cranberries for a couple reasons. Last Christmas Eve my friend brought these to our annual feast and I really liked them a lot. Sweet and tangy at the same time! So this year as I was making some cranberry recipes (post coming soon), I had some leftover and decided to whip up a batch myself.
Inspired by Spicy Perspective
- 1 1/2 cups whole fresh cranberries
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 2 tsp orange liqueur (triple sec or contrineau) (or orange extract)
- 1 cup of sugar (for rolling)
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 1/4 cup sugar, liqueur and water.
- Heat over medium stirring until sugar is dissolved but not too hot
- Add the berries, stir and cover with a plate and weight it down
- Keep in refrigerator overnight
- Place 1 cup sugar on a large plate
- Remove berries with a strainer and roll berries until coated
- Place berries on parchment paper until dry (about 2 hours)
- Keep these stored in a covered container in a cool spot
- Will keep for about 10 days
While I really liked these, I can’t say the DIY Guy was a fan so these won’t be making the cut to bring into his work…. I’ll have to send in another treat.
Hmmmm… my snowman is studying these intently! He looks perplexed 🙂 but I think he is cracking a smile!
Another cranberry recipe you might like: