These candied cranberries make a fun gift! Tart cranberries with an orange flavoring rolled in sugar.
Tis the season for cranberries - whether you like them fresh or as craisins, they are easy to find now so get them while you can! I decided to make these Orange Candied Cranberries for a couple reasons. Last Christmas Eve my friend brought these to our annual feast and I really liked them a lot.
Sweet and tangy at the same time! So this year as I was making some cranberry recipes (post coming soon), I had some leftover and decided to whip up a batch myself.
Not only are these good to snack on but I think these would make a great garnish on a cheesecake, cake or cupcakes. They are easy to do and look really festive for this time of year!
While I really liked these, I can't say the DIY Guy was a fan so these won't be making the cut to bring into his work.... I'll have to send in another treat.
Hmmmm... my snowman is studying these intently! He looks perplexed 🙂 but I think he is cracking a smile!
Another cranberry recipe you might like:
- 1 ½ cups whole fresh cranberries
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ¾ cup water
- 2 teaspoon orange liqueur (triple sec or contrineau) (or orange extract)
- 1 cup of sugar (for rolling)
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 ¼ cup sugar, liqueur and water.
- Heat over medium stirring until sugar is dissolved but not too hot
- Add the berries, stir and cover with a plate and weight it down
- Keep in refrigerator overnight
- Place 1 cup sugar on a large plate
- Remove berries with a strainer and roll berries until coated
- Place berries on parchment paper until dry (about 2 hours)
- Keep these stored in a covered container in a cool spot
Will keep for about 10 days
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!