This creamy No Churn Coffee Ice Cream is infused with coffee liqueur and tossed with mega chocolate chips. It's a quick and easy dessert that will be a hit all summer long.
Coffee lovers unite with this rich and creamy ice cream treat that would be great for an afternoon pick me up or after dinner dessert.
I really love how easy it is to make no churn ice cream and have made some other fun varieties like birthday cake and lemon poppy seed.
Ready to get started? You only need 5 ingredients!
- sweetened condensed milk - be sure not to use evaporated milk
- heavy cream - keep really cold until ready to whip
- instant coffee granules - you can use even espresso granules or decaffeinated
- coffee liqueur - this could be optional but we loved the depth it gave the ice cream
- chocolate chips - we used dark but even milk chocolate would do
Please see recipe card for instructions and quantities.
In a medium bowl, combine with a whisk the sweetened condensed milk, coffee granules and coffee liqueur
Once the mixture is well combined, set aside for next step.
In a large bowl whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
Slowly fold in the coffee mixture to the whipped cream until white streaks are gone.
Stir the chocolate chips in the cream mixture.
Place mixture in a loaf pan, cover and place in the freezer for at least 6-7 hours.
The base of this no churn coffee ice cream is simple to make and you add in other ingredients.
- Chocolate - white, milk or dark would work and it can be any size chip or chunk.
- Nuts - pecans or walnuts would be good
- Other - swirl in some chocolate sauce or caramel sauce before freezing (see my Bourbon Pecan ice cream)
How refreshing does this look?
This recipes does not have liquid coffee but uses instant granules to give it that rich coffee flavor.
Once you place in the freezer, I would give it at least 6 hours but overnight is even better.
Yes you could leave it out and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract instead. Since you are not cooking the filling, the alcohol will not evaporate and therefore it is not kid friendly.
The key to making the whipped cream is to make sure the heavy cream, beaters and bowl are really cold prior to starting. I keep the beaters and bowl in freezer until ready to whip.
No churn ice cream can be kept in the freezer for up to one month. Keep it well covered to prevent ice crystals forming.
No Churn Coffee Ice Cream
A creamy and rich ice cream that coffee lovers will love! You will only need a few ingredients too!
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 2 tablespoons coffee granules
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl combine the condensed milk, coffee granules and coffee liqueur with a whisk then set aside
- In a large bowl whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form
- Gently fold the coffee mixture in the whipped cream until white streaks are gone
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips
- Place mixture in a loaf pan and cover.
- Freeze or at least 7 hours or overnight
See step by step instructions
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 103mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 45gProtein: 8g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
Learn more about ice cream at wikipedia.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!
Join the discussion