No-Churn Bourbon Pecan Caramel Ice Cream is so rich and creamy with some crunch and a hint of bourbon. It only has a few ingredients making it simple to make!
Yes - I know this title is a mouthful but I wanted to describe all the delicious flavors going on in this cool summer treat.
We all know summer time is ice cream time, right? A few years ago I discovered you can make ice cream without a machine - how exciting is that?
The only kitchen"y" item you will need is either a hand or stand mixer. Of if you are really good at it, use a whisk for the cream.
Who's ready to get to it?
- heavy whipped cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla extract
- caramel sauce
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: in a large sized bowl add the sweetened condensed milk, caramel sauce, vanilla extract and bourbon
Step 2: stir with a spoon or spatula until well mixed and set aside
Step 3: in a well chilled bowl add the heavy whipped cream
Step 4: whip until stiff peaks form
Step 5: add about a cup of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture and fold in gently until mixed
Step 6: add remaining whipped cream and carefully fold in until it is mixed but still light (do not over stir)
Step 7: place about ½ of the whipped cream mixture in a loaf pan then add about ⅛ cup of caramel sauce in dollops on top and use a knife to make swirls
Step 8: top with chopped pecans
Step 9: top with remaining whipped cream mixture and place another ⅛ cup of caramel sauce in dollops and swirl with a knife
Step 10: top with chopped pecans; cover with foil and place in freezer until firm (8 hours or overnight)
Here is the final result - looking good!
- first off, if you are not a fan of alcohol you can leave out the bourbon and the ice cream will still taste wonderful
- I actually used salted caramel sauce but couldn't fit one more word into the title 🙂
- add in broken pretzels or other nuts like walnuts or almonds.
While this ice cream is pretty easy to make, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- you will have better luck with the whipped cream if the bowl and attachment are cold – I usually place in freezer for about 5 minutes
- use store bought caramel sauce and if it is too thick in the jar, heat it up a bit making sure it is not too hot
- while this has a hint of bourbon, if you added more the mixture would not freeze well (and as mentioned above, you could leave out entirely)
- to make sure the ice cream stays light and airy – be careful to gently fold the whipped cream into the condensed mixture; do not stir
- before I place foil on top of loaf pan, I let freeze about 10 minutes so foil doesn’t stick to ice cream
- no-churn ice cream does tend to melt faster than normal ice cream – scoop and serve right away!
We like our No-Churn Bourbon Pecan Caramel Ice Cream topped with additional sauce and pecans.
This is my fourth recipe at making no-churn ice cream. Basically once you know how to make the base (whipped cream, condensed milk and vanilla), use your imagination for other ideas such as:
When your photo shoot goes a bit too long! No worries though, I had it as my afternoon snack.
SAVE THIS PIN FOR LATER - CLICK HERE
Get the Recipe
No-Churn Bourbon Pecan Caramel Ice Cream
A super easy no-churn ice cream making it the perfect summer treat!
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- ½ cup caramel sauce (divided)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl combine ¼ cup caramel sauce, condensed milk, extract and bourbon with a spoon until creamy; set aside
- In a another bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks form
- Fold in about a cup of whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture until combined
- Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream
- In a loaf pan place ½ of the mixture and top with ⅛ cup of caramel sauce (in dollops) then use a knife to make swirls; top with about 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Add remaining mixture, swirl caramel sauce again and top with pecans
- Cover and freeze 8 hours or overnight
PLEASE SEE DETAILED STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS IN POST
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 0gSugar: 40gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!
Lisa Johnson says
Holy moly, that shot with the drizzled caramel is to die for!!