No-Churn Bourbon Pecan Caramel Ice Cream is so rich and creamy with some crunch and a hint of bourbon. It only has a few ingredients making it simple to make!
Yes - I know this title is a mouthful but I wanted to describe all the delicious flavors going on in this cool summer treat.
We all know summer time is ice cream time, right? A few years ago I discovered you can make ice cream without a machine - how exciting is that?
The only kitchen"y" item you will need is either a hand or stand mixer. Of if you are really good at it, use a whisk for the cream.
Who's ready to get to it?
- heavy whipped cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla extract
- caramel sauce
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: in a large sized bowl add the sweetened condensed milk, caramel sauce, vanilla extract and bourbon
Step 2: stir with a spoon or spatula until well mixed and set aside
Step 3: in a well chilled bowl add the heavy whipped cream
Step 4: whip until stiff peaks form
Step 5: add about a cup of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture and fold in gently until mixed
Step 6: add remaining whipped cream and carefully fold in until it is mixed but still light (do not over stir)
Step 7: place about ½ of the whipped cream mixture in a loaf pan then add about ⅛ cup of caramel sauce in dollops on top and use a knife to make swirls
Step 8: top with chopped pecans
Step 9: top with remaining whipped cream mixture and place another ⅛ cup of caramel sauce in dollops and swirl with a knife
Step 10: top with chopped pecans; cover with foil and place in freezer until firm (8 hours or overnight)
Here is the final result - looking good!
- first off, if you are not a fan of alcohol you can leave out the bourbon and the ice cream will still taste wonderful
- I actually used salted caramel sauce but couldn't fit one more word into the title 🙂
- add in broken pretzels or other nuts like walnuts or almonds.
While this ice cream is pretty easy to make, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- you will have better luck with the whipped cream if the bowl and attachment are cold – I usually place in freezer for about 5 minutes
- use store bought caramel sauce and if it is too thick in the jar, heat it up a bit making sure it is not too hot
- while this has a hint of bourbon, if you added more the mixture would not freeze well (and as mentioned above, you could leave out entirely)
- to make sure the ice cream stays light and airy – be careful to gently fold the whipped cream into the condensed mixture; do not stir
- before I place foil on top of loaf pan, I let freeze about 10 minutes so foil doesn’t stick to ice cream
- no-churn ice cream does tend to melt faster than normal ice cream – scoop and serve right away!
We like our No-Churn Bourbon Pecan Caramel Ice Cream topped with additional sauce and pecans.
This is my fourth recipe at making no-churn ice cream. Basically once you know how to make the base (whipped cream, condensed milk and vanilla), use your imagination for other ideas such as:
When your photo shoot goes a bit too long! No worries though, I had it as my afternoon snack.
SAVE THIS PIN FOR LATER - CLICK HERE
Get the Recipe
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- ½ cup caramel sauce (divided)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl combine ¼ cup caramel sauce, condensed milk, extract and bourbon with a spoon until creamy; set aside
- In a another bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks form
- Fold in about a cup of whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture until combined
- Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream
- In a loaf pan place ½ of the mixture and top with ⅛ cup of caramel sauce (in dollops) then use a knife to make swirls; top with about 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Add remaining mixture, swirl caramel sauce again and top with pecans
- Cover and freeze 8 hours or overnight
PLEASE SEE DETAILED STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS IN POST
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 0gSugar: 40gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.