Lighten up Deb! That’s what I’ve been telling myself lately…. as in calories (well, maybe other areas too!) I’m trying to prepare some healthier dishes and these Lemony Green Beans fit the bill.
I bought these beautiful, fresh, very green beans (actually called haricot verts) at Trader Joe’s. These are thinner than regular green beans and are sometimes called french green beans. The recipe I used was quite simple and makes 4 servings.
- Steam the beans in the bag they come in for 2 1/2 minutes (12 oz bag)
- Heat a medium frying pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil or a little less
- Saute the beans in the oil for 2-3 minutes then add the juice of one lemon (~1 1/2 tablespoons)
- Top with toasted silvered almonds and lemon zest
That’s it and you have a healthy side dish in under 6 minutes. I also think they look pretty fancy and would be perfect for dinner guests…. you will wow them.
Remember to eat your vegetables! (I’m trying too)
- 12 oz bag green beans (steam in bag)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Slivered almonds
- Lemon zest
- Steam green beans according to directions
- In a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil
- Saute the green beans for 2-3 minutes then add the lemon juice
- Top with almonds and lemon zest
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 1mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g Protein: 3g