This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
These easy Skillet Brown Butter Carrots make a great side dish for the holidays or any time. The brown butter provides a nice nutty/toasty flavor.
As we all know carrots are good for the eyes, right? And as you can see these carrots are looking good and tasty! They are glazed perfectly with honey, brown butter and roasted to perfection.
The holidays are coming up and if you are like me, you might enjoy looking for new recipes to add to those tried and true ones you have in your back pocket. I especially like adding in new veggies to bring a fresh taste to the table.
Many moons ago I did not like carrots at all. The turning point for me was when these cute baby ones first appeared on the market. They are sweeter overall and just the right size to munch on.
Another first for me was using brown butter in a recipe. As you will see below, our monthly blogger group have all made recipes using it. By browning butter, you are giving your dish a nice nutty and toasty flavor.
Tips for making Skillet Brown Butter Carrots:
- Use unsalted butter
- Only brown the butter until it is light in color (see directions)
- I would also recommend using a large skillet (as shown 12″) so the carrots almost all lay flat. This will make sure the carrots are roasted evenly (I stirred halfway through)
Other sides dishes you might want to try for the holidays:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°
- To brown butter place sliced butter and put in a 12" cast iron skillet over medium heat and let melt
- Watch and stir butter until it becomes light brown, remove from heat and immediately add carrots, garlic and toss well
- Stir in the honey, salt and pepper and top with the thyme
- Place in heated oven and bake for about 30 or until carrots are soft
- Remove from oven, let cool a bit then serve
You can use any skillet as long as it can be used in at oven heated to 425°
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Browned Butter Cauliflower
Cashew Cookies with Brown Butter Frosting
Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Brown Butter
Butter Pecan Blondies with Brown Butter
Garlic Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes
Apple Blueberry Bliss
Snickers Cheesecake Bars with Brown Butter
Brown Butter Parmesan Corn
Brown Butter Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
Brown Butter Carrots
Dark Chocolate Brown Butter Brownies
Browned Butter Salted Caramel Sauce