Who can resist a Lemon Pound Cake? Not me! This cake has a smooth texture and the right amount of tangy lemon, topped with lemon glaze.
Happy tax day (or maybe not!) - well, I guess you have until Monday to file but if you already have your taxes done, how about celebrating with this Lemon Pound Cake.
It's bursting full of flavor, so moist and perfect to snack on. And hey, it's been about a month since I shared a lemon recipe and you know I love my citrus! I didn't want you to go through withdrawal 🙂
How was your week? Looking forward to the weekend? As I mentioned on my last post, we were vacationing in Florida visiting family. The time went by really quick but were so lucky that all the days were sunny and warm! My sister-in-law and I were able to get to the beach for a couple days where we rented a couple chairs and just relaxed.
When we were hungry for lunch, we walked over to the boardwalk, grabbed something quick and headed back to our chairs. The only thing we had to deal with was the red tide. If you aren't familiar with that, it's an algae bloom that causes some people to cough and not too kind to the fish. I was OK with it and did see some fish on the beach but it was only on the first day.
Nothing was going to stop me from heading to the beach as it's my favorite thing to do. This pasty white Minnesota body needed to soak up some vitamin D and get a little glow. Mission accomplished!
Hope you enjoy this pound cake recipe as much as we did! It's the perfect recipe to have on hand for yourself or if you have guests. I'm hoping our Florida family will come to visit us sometime (hey, it's warmer now) and I'll be serving them this tasty treat!
Remember to share 🙂
Other lemons recipes you might enjoy
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cup powder sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 325°F and then you will grease and flour a bundt pan; set aside
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter at medium speed, be sure to scrape bowl often, until creamy. Continue beating, adding 1 egg at a time, until well mixed.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- On low speed alternately add the flour mixture and then the buttermilk and scraping bowl often to the sugar/butter mixture, until well mixed. Add lemon zest and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Continue beating until well mixed.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto serving plate; cool completely.
- Stir together powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and enough milk for desired glazing consistency in small bowl. Drizzle over cooled cake
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 290mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 1gSugar: 47gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!