Yum, you'll be hooked on this Lemon Orzo Shrimp Baker after one bite!! It is made in one skillet.
Welcome to the 12th of the month with our 12 bloggers and 12 ingredients or less recipes! This month is casserole dishes and I think you will be wanting to put them on your menu soon.
Casseroles (or skillet) meals are the perfect comfort food and there are so many varieties as you will see! I brought to the party this Lemon Orzo Shrimp Bake.
I totally loved that I could make this dish in one skillet (though you will note that I put it in pretty dish to show it off but I originally prepared, baked and served it from the skillet). Easy Peasy!
- fresh shrimp
- olive oil
- orzo pasta
- parmesan cheese
- chicken broth
- diced tomatoes
Pasta and shrimp are two items I always have on hand... plus you know me I love lemons and always have a few of those around too!
I really can't say enough about this recipe - it was an instant hit the night I made it. My official taste tester, the DIY Guy, gave it rave reviews!
And here's the rest.....
This month's recipes are:
Cheesy Sausage and Roasted Vegetable Casserole by Betsy Life
Mexican Lasagna by Home Cooking Memories
Lemon Orzo Shrimp Bake by Cooking on the Front Burners
King Ranch Casserole by Love Bakes Good Cakes
Sweet Potato Enchilada Casserole by A Million Moments
Bacon, Beef & Bean Casserole by Bread Booze Bacon
Green Chicken Enchilada Casserole by A Night Owl
Chili Bean Casserole by Pink Cake Plate
Mom's Enchilada Casserole by I Love My Disorganized Life
Breakfast Casserole (Egg & Veggies) by See Vanessa Craft
Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole by Around My Family Table
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and set aside
- In a large oven-proof skillet heat olive oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Next add the garlic, onion, basil and oregano, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Then stir in pasta until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and ½ cup water and bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, peas, lemon juice and shrimp.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Place into oven and bake for 12-14 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 1212mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 23g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!