Impress everyone with this decadent Lemon Creme Brulee dessert. It's spring time in your mouth with tart lemons, crunchy sugar topping and a custard cream texture. This is seriously a dessert that is super simple to make that has that wow factor!
This post and recipe was created for #EasterSweetsWeek! I did receive samples by some of the sponsor companies but opinions are 100% mine.
Just in time for Easter is this Lemon Creme Brulee (or for that matter Mother's Day, birthdays or any celebration). Just one bite of this heavenly lemony treat, will have you and your guests asking for more (and the recipe!) While it looks all fancy smancy like you slaved all day, it really couldn't be simpler to make. So when those compliments come your way, just smile and say thanks!
There are just a couple days until Easter and if you are a lemon lover like me, you might also be interested in making a couple other of my favorite desserts. These mini lemon bundt cakes would also impress on your dessert table and lemon hand pies would be a good idea too. I'm also participating in this year's Easter Sweets Week. You will see below some other recipes to try and a giveaway. One of this year's sponsors was Microplane and they sent me a zester and a citrus reamer. Dixie Crystals provided the sugar that I used on top and torched to get that crunchy topping.
I hope you have a fantastic holiday!!
Get the Recipe
Lemon Creme Brulee
An easy wow factor dessert that is super lemony!
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place sugar and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl and work them together so that the sugar becomes fragrant.
- Add in the egg yolks and use a whisk to combine and no lumps remain.
- Whisk in the heavy cream, vanilla extract and fresh lemon juice. Mix until well combined
- Place 4 six ounce ramekins on a baking dish with a rim
- Divide the mixture into ramekins so they are ¾ cups full.
- Boil 4 cups water and pour the water in baking dish so that it comes up half way on the ramekins
- Carefully place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes
- The centers should be set but have a slight jiggle to them
- Remove from oven and carefully remove each ramekin onto a cooling rack.
- Cool until room temperature and then chill in refrigerator
- When you are ready to serve, sprinkle about 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons on each ramekin
- Use a kitchen torch to melt the tops and sugar turns golden brown
- Serve immediately
For the step with adding the water, I place my cookie sheet on the rack in oven and carefully pour water in then bake.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 561Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 319mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 0gSugar: 29gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
Welcome to this year's #EasterSweetWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of Springtime and Easter dessert recipes! We're sharing tons of treats this week plus a few fantastic giveaways! You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
This year we have are 28 fantastic bloggers participating in this year’s Easter dessert event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of great Springtime and Easter themed dessert recipes with you. With over 75 sweet dessert recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to want to save some of these recipes to make again and again! We even hope that some of these recipes end up in your Easter recipe keepsake collection! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving one (1) winner 5 different extracts including a bottle of Pure vanilla and a color pack.
Prize #3 — Rainier Fruit is giving one (1) winner a box of Apples and some wonderful Apple themed goodies from Sur La Table
Prize #4 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner a Anolon® Vesta™ 9-Inch Square Baker in Cobalt Blue
Prize #5 — Microplane is giving one (1) winner a Twist & Zest, grip & strip and a classic zester/grater
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from Marh 26th - April 1st at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #EasterSweetsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Rainier Fruit, Anolon and Microplane! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #EasterSweetsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #EasterSweetsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Fresh Strawberry Pie Cookie Cups from Big Bears Wife
- Carrot Cake Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting from Love and Confections
- Mini Lemon Blueberry Pound Cakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Easter Butter Mints from Nik Snacks
- Almond Butter Chocolate Eggs from The Domestic Kitchen
- No Churn Blueberry Muffin Ice Cream from 4 Sons 'R' Us
- Mini Pavlova with Berries from The Spiffy Cookie
- Carrot Cake Trifles from Southern From Scratch
- Bunny Butt Rice Krispy Treats from For the Love of Food
- Apple Fritters from Eat Move Make
- Lemon Creme Brûlée from Cooking on the Front Burner
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!
Erin Vasicek says
Oh this creme brulee is so bright it makes me happy despite all the rain!
Deb Attinella says
I'm with you on that!!! Where is spring??
I have never had lemon creme brulee before. It is so bright. Looks like a great surprise for summer.
Deb Attinella says
Thanks, It was my first time too and we loved it!! I've made it a few times for company with rave reviews!