This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Recently I went to Panera for lunch and ordered this wonderful soup on their menu. So lemony and deelish! The girl at the counter said it was being discontinued soon sooooo needed to find a clone. Googled and found this recipe today and with temps in the 50’s it was perrrrfect!
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz. boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots (small pieces)
- 1 celery stalk sliced
- 2 tbls finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 bay leave
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- lemon slices for garnish
- Place all of the ingredients (except lemon juice) in a large pot, bring to boil; reduce heat to low and cover and simmer 25 minutes – stirring occasionally
- Remove chicken from soup; shred into small pieces and return to pot. Add lemon juice and mix well. Discard bay leave
- Serve and top with a lemon slice if desired
Start with chicken broth add above along with chicken
When chicken is done, shred, add back to soup along with lemon juice and it is ready!
I had planned on a side dish with the soup but Mr. John and I had 2 bowls and called it dinner! He loved it and gave it 4 stars! Seriously in my eyes I would give this a 5… probably the best soup I have ever made!