Just in time for your weekend menu, I'm sharing this Italian Chopped Salad. This would make a great side dish or pile it on for a main course salad!
Fresh ingredients, a bit of pasta and crispy pancetta topped with a creamy homemade Italian dressing makes this a great flavor combination!
Another tasty salad recipe - Greek Orzo
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cooked ditalini pasta (rinsed and cooled)
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed well
- ½ cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives sliced in half
- 2 oz. diced panetta cooked until crispy
- ¼ cup diced provolone cheese
- sliced pepperoncini peppers (to taste)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon diced shallot
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ cup olive oil
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl then divide between 2 plates.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients except olive oil in a small food processor and process for about one minute
- Add olive oil in a slow steady stream until well mixed
- Drizzle over salad (may be leftover)
- This will make 2 large or 4 small salads
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!