Just in time for your weekend menu, I'm sharing this Italian Chopped Salad. This would make a great side dish or pile it on for a main course salad!
Fresh ingredients, a bit of pasta and crispy pancetta topped with a creamy homemade Italian dressing makes this a great flavor combination!
Another tasty salad recipe - Greek Orzo
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cooked ditalini pasta (rinsed and cooled)
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed well
- ½ cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives sliced in half
- 2 oz. diced panetta cooked until crispy
- ¼ cup diced provolone cheese
- sliced pepperoncini peppers (to taste)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon diced shallot
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ cup olive oil
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl then divide between 2 plates.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients except olive oil in a small food processor and process for about one minute
- Add olive oil in a slow steady stream until well mixed
- Drizzle over salad (may be leftover)
- This will make 2 large or 4 small salads
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.