This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Just in time for your weekend menu, I’m sharing this Italian Chopped Salad. This would make a great side dish or pile it on for a main course salad!
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cooked ditalini pasta (rinsed and cooled)
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed well
- ½ cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives sliced in half
- 2 oz. diced panetta cooked until crispy
- ¼ cup diced provolone cheese
- sliced pepperoncini peppers (to taste)
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon diced shallot
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ cup olive oil
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl then divide between 2 plates.
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients except olive oil in a small food processor and process for about one minute.
- Add olive oil in a slow steady stream until well mixed
- Pour over salad
- This will make 2 large salads or 4 small
Another tasty salad recipe – Greek Orzo