This Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding is a delicious treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast or any time of the day. Besides being so easy to make, everyone will come running to the kitchen when they get a whiff of the tantalizing aroma while baking!
Don't you just love the smell of cinnamon as it is baking? My mouth gets all watery in anticipation of what is to come! I especially love cinnamon rolls as they remind me of Christmas's past. These were always at the breakfast table.
My mom wasn't one to make these from scratch and instead bought the refrigerated rolls that came in an 8 pack. The problem was there were five of us and we all wanted two. So to appease everyone, the last few had to be cut in half - no fair, right?
Well today that problem is solved with this recipe that can be made in a 9x13 baking pan. My friend Alli from Tornadough Alli recently published a new cookbook called Untraditional Desserts: 100 Classic Desserts with a Twist. I received an advance copy and this cinnamon roll bread pudding was first on my list to try. We enjoyed it for an afternoon dessert treat!
Alli is a talented baker and her cookbook is one you will want to explore. A few recipes I want to make next are her Almond Joy Cupcakes, S'more Cookies and Blueberry Pie Bars to name a few.
Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding tips and tricks:
- Prepare the cinnamon rolls the night ahead for easy prep the next day (try to resist eating any 🙂 )
- You could also combine the liquid ingredients and keep in the refrigerator until the next day also
- When you combine the rolls and liquid be sure to let it sit for about 20 minutes so the rolls can absorb the liquid (I stir it a couple times during this process)
- Every oven is different so when baking, check the rolls until they are just set - if you think they are getting too brown, place a piece of foil over the top at the end
- 2 (8 count) packages refrigerated cinnamon rolls, baked and cooled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- After cinnamon rolls are baked and cooled, cut into 1" pieces and place in a large bowl
- In another bowl whisk together the 1 cup milk, heavy cream, eggs, sugar, extract and cinnamon
- Pour over cinnamon rolls and stir to combine. Let sit about 20 minutes until liquid is absorbed
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
- Pour roll mixture in dish and bake for about 50-60 minutes until center is set
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly
- In a small bowl combine the powdered sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of milk
- Drizzle over bread pudding
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
The cinnamon rolls can be baked the day ahead
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 108mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.