Cheer on your favorite team while enjoying these game day Buffalo Chicken Totchos. These tots are loaded with chicken, a nice kick of spice and topped with creamy blue cheese!
While these Buffalo Chicken Totchos are perfect for game day, you can certainly enjoy them whenever you want. We even enjoyed these as a quick lunch! Well, because when you are a food blogger, you need to eat the goods when they are ready - morning, noon or night!
We all know game day is all about the food, right? Sure you could just watch the game but having some great snacks to go along with it, takes your game watching experience to a whole new experience. Grab a tasty beverage, set out your food, and cheer for the purple and gold! (ha, or your favorite team).
Some other easy snacks that you might are enjoy are these Game Time Deviled Eggs that I made recently, these Buffalo Chicken Sliders, and for dessert some Peanut Butter Cookies. No worries - I have your game time menu planned for you!
Tips's for making Buffalo Chicken Totchos:
- Be sure to bake the tator tots until they are really crispy - I turned mine over about half way through baking
- Save time by buying a rotisserie chicken and shredding the meat (we have a roasted chicken almost every week, so I saved some of that for this dish)
- Make your own buffalo sauce - I think it is worth the extra effort and I found a great recipe from Nagi at Recipe Tin Eats. It's easy peasy and tastes great!
- While I list the recipe below, you could certainly add as much or as little as the toppings as desired. I love the crunch the celery provides
- Bake and serve on a cookie sheet for easy clean up too
So, are you ready for some football snacks?? Enjoy
- 32 oz. bag tator tots
- 1 ½ cups shredded cooked chicken
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- ½ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ⅓ cup blue cheese dressing
- ¾ cup Colby Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- ⅓ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce (I used this recipe)
- Bake tator tots according to directions (I turn mine half way through)
- When tots are baking, combine the chicken with the sauce
- When tots are done, top with shredded cheese and chicken and bake about an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted
- Remove from oven and top with blue cheese, dressing, scallions and celery
- Serve immediately
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 415Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 1180mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 14g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!