This vibrant Asian Quinoa Bowl & Peanut Dressing is loaded with fresh ingredients and tossed with a ginger-garlic homemade peanut dressing. You will love how easy it is to prepare and makes a great lunch, picnic or side dish.
Lately I have been craving fresh and healthier dishes so when I was thinking of what to blog about, I decided to just follow my thoughts and hoping you'd be interested too! Last week I was walking through the grocery store and was tossing in a rainbow of ingredients into my cart. I came away with these fresh ingredients that are super colorful and a great idea for a healthier dish.
I also love using quinoa instead of pasta to also give it a health boost. I even made my own peanut dressing that is kicked up a bit with some red pepper flakes. This dressing goes a long way so you don't need to saturate your salad. Just give a small add so the other fresh items can shine through.
As mentioned this would make a great salad to take along for lunch or a picnic. A great way to transport it would be to add some dressing in the bottom of a large mason jar then layer the quinoa next and finish with the peanuts. The other layers could be stacked in any order. When ready to serve, shake it up and pour into a bowl. I bet your mouth is watering just thinking about it 🙂
If this Asian Quinoa Bowl & Peanut Dressing dish appeals to you as a quick recipe to make, be sure to check out these others on the blog:
- Greek Quinoa Salad (another one that could be stored in a mason jar)
- Red, White and Blue Fruit salad (good idea for patriotic holidays)
- Mexican Quinoa Salad (one of the most popular recipes on the blog)
My friend Jamie also makes a Rainbow Fruit Salad with a delicious Honey Citrus Dressing you might like.
Get the Recipe
- 1 large red pepper cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 ½ cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 2 cups cooked quionoa
- 1 cup peanuts, salted
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- ½ garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to directions and let cool slightly
- Divide salad ingredients between 4 bowls
- To make dressing, combine lime juice, water, olive oil, peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic and sesame oil in a food processor and run until completely combined. Season with salt and pepper if desired
- Drizzle on salad (you might have leftovers)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 631mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 9gSugar: 9gProtein: 18g
Nutritional information provided is computer-generated and only an estimate. You may want to do your own research with the ingredients listed if you have concerns about health or specific diets.
- About the Author
- Recent Posts
- Recipe Index
We are all about sharing our love of good food so on the blog you will find easy recipes to enjoy with your family and friends. We hope to inspire you to host a gathering to create special memories. Most recipes are step by step so you can feel confident in the kitchen. Take a look around to find everything from breakfast to dinner and everything in-between!