This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Be sure to save room for this delicious Apple Walnut Cake after dinner!
Well, we are off to another start of a week. I don’t know about you but the weekend went really fast. I was able to spend time with friends including seeing a play on Thursday night called the Heidi Chronicles in Minneapolis. It was my belated birthday event with two of my close friends, then caught up with another friend Friday night and Saturday went out with the DIY Guy’s fishing buddy and his wife for an “appetizer only” dinner at a local bar and grill. Afterwards we went back to their place for this Apple Walnut Cake (see my story was going somewhere!)
Both John and I really liked this dessert so Sunday I decided to make some for us. My friend MJ said it freezes well which is great since it makes 2 8×8 pans. We had some on Sunday and I think a few leftovers might be making it to his work place and froze the 2nd one that would be perfect for next time we get some company.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 8x8x2 inch-square pans.
- In a large bowl with mixer at low speed, mix well the first 7 ingredients, constantly scraping bowl.
- Beat 3 minutes more, occasionally scraping bowl.
- Fold in apples, nuts, and raisins.
- Spread in pans. Bake 1 hour. Cool on wire racks completely then invert to remove
- When cool, dust with powdered sugar
Not only we were busy but the weather here was fantastic! Though I’m sure John was a bit sad, he winterized his boat and put away all our lawn furniture. Oh well, hopefully we can pull stuff out again sooner than this past winter – fingers crossed!
Hope you had a great weekend! I would love to know what you did!
Another apple recipe you might enjoy